Welcome to Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging
What is it?
- FREE messages from your local Community Policing Team about policing and crime matters in your area.
- FREE messages from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service relevant to your local area.
- You can receive free messages by email, text or voicemail.
- You can choose which organisations to receive messages from and the type of information you receive.
- Currently messages are being sent by Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire Neighbourhood Watch, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service and Action Fraud. Messages are also now sent from Farm Watch via Community Messaging.
- You can reply to messages, for example from your local police officers with information to help them better police your area.
- You can also join a neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area or request to start a new one.
- Community Messaging aims to improve the flow of information between communities and the local police and fire service.
How do I get involved?
Wiltshire Police and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire and Swindon, Angus Macpherson, who initially launched Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging wish to involve communities in the prevention and reduction of crime and anti-social behaviour. Signing up to Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging is free, quick and easy. You can sign up online for free now by clicking the purple 'Join' button above. With their permission, you can sign up a family member or friend if they don't have Internet access.
You can change your preference or unsubscribe to the system at any time by logging in to your account (click 'Sign In' above) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not get involved and join today?
Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging is NOT monitored 24 hours a day. Always call 999 in an emergency or 101 in a non-emergency.