Time is running out to have your say on Policing in Wiltshire

Alert message sent 10/11/2021 14:54:00

Information sent on behalf of Wiltshire Police


There is now just over a week left for you to help shape the policing service you receive in the largest ever policing consultation of its kind run in Wiltshire.

The Use Your Voice survey is one of the foundation blocks which Commissioner Philip Wilkinson will base his new Police and Crime Plan on – the blueprint for strategic policing and crime priorities until 2025.

It will set out how the PCC’s pledges and priorities will be delivered throughout Wiltshire and, in a move championed by Mr Wilkinson, will reflect and meet the needs and priorities of residents.

“I’ve already received a good response to my survey, but I want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to submit their feedback ahead of the deadline.“ He said.

“Listening to the views and opinions of Wiltshire’s residents will mean the Police and Crime Plan is informed by them and the policing priorities have been directly influenced by them.

“It is terribly important that all our communities get a say and a chance to use their voice for good. Don’t think that I don’t want to hear your views – if it matters to you, it matters to me.” 

The survey also asks whether residents would be supportive of an increase in the policing part of their council tax or not.

The policing precept which is collected with your council tax, goes directly to the Police and Crime Commissioner where 98% is allocated to the Chief Constable and the remaining 2% to the PCC's office for commissioned services which includes supporting victims of crime and early intervention.

The average household (Band D) currently pays £231 and as part of the survey you are being asked whether you would support an increase, and if so how much.

PCC Philip Wilkinson said: “I have made no decisions yet on whether there will be an increase next year or not, but have decided to ask the question earlier than usual to ensure that when I need to make the decision, I have a clear understanding of public feeling.

“It’s important that any proposed increase to the policing precept is also guided by my new Police and Crime Plan which will be directly influenced by the priorities outlined by the public.

“This consultation is the chance for every resident to have a say in what is important to them.”

You can complete the survey, which is open until 22nd November, online.

If you are having trouble accessing the online survey or need this in an alternative format or language, please contact the OPCC. The survey is also available in paper format on request, please email pcc-consultation@wiltshire.police.uk with any requests. You can also email your thoughts around policing priorities to the same email address.
 
Message sent by
Zara-Ann Prendergast (OPCC, Campaign & Communications Manager, Wiltshire)

Message tag words

Back to previous page
Click here to tweet this message to your followers

Discuss this alert message

Please see terms below before using this feature
Please be aware that the facility above is a Facebook service, posting your views will make some of your Facebook information visible to everyone (as with any Facebook activity).

The system administrators (VISAV Limited) monitor the content added. Any misuse or objectionable material should be reported to support@neighbourhoodalert.co.uk.

The views expressed do not represent the views of the system administrators who are VISAV Limited, the Police, Neighbourhood Watch and other Information Provider using this service.